Over the last couple weeks, Mrs Lunn has been teaching us Multiplication. We have been learning how to write multiplication equations but more importantly... what they actually mean!
Here are a few photos to show you what we have been up to in Maths:
|Here's Cate, George and Isabel working out how may bears there are||!|
|Bailey and Darian sharing their 'Array-nbows' worksheet|
|Cam, Max and Matty deep in thought using arrays to show multiplication|
There are lots of ways to help us at home:
- We could practice skip counting in 2s (ie 2,4,6,8,10 etc)
- Then we could try skip counting in 5s and 10s
- And if we get super clever, we can try skip counting in 3s, 4s (That's learning our times tables without even knowing it!)
- Counting the socks in their pairs to see how many there are all together
- Skip counting the number of forks and knives at the table etc
The faster we know these basic facts, the better mathematicians we will be for the rest of our lives! Yay!